Hawaii Association of Financial Institution Security Officers
HAFISO is a cooperative effort made up of representatives from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, as well as representatives from local, state and federal law enforcement agencies. HAFIO's goal is to help reduce crimes committed against financial institutions, and by so doing, ensure the safety of members' staff, customers and the public.
HAFISO provides a forum in which the law enforcement community and financial institutions can meet to discuss crimes against financial institutions. The Association seeks to make aware educational resources available to federal regulated financial institutions in order to enhance their robbery, fraud and physical security awareness.
HAFISO seeks to stimulate public assistance through reward programs offered in conjunction with CrimeStoppers Honolulu, Inc., that will pay a cash reward of up to $1,000 if a tip leads to an arrest, identity of a suspect, or recovery of property, and the tipster can remain anonymous.
Certified Financial Services Security Professional (CFSSP)
About the CFSSP
The Certified Financial Services Security Professional certification is designed to:
- Establish a recognized standard of knowledge and competence for security professionals working in the financial services industry
- Formally recognize those who meet these standards
- Provide employers with a tool to identify skilled, knowledgeable professionals
- Support the benefits of professional continuing education and development
Who should pursue it
- Corporate security directors
- Bank security officers
- Written security programs
- Security devices
- Life safety
- Laws and regulations
For more information about CFSSP certification go to the www.aba.com/ICB/CFSSP.htm